All City of Peachtree City Facilities CLOSED Wednesday, February 12
Everyone is asked to STAY AT HOME Wednesday to keep roadways clear for emergency vehicles.
Due to the pending dangerous weather, all City of Peachtree City offices and
facilities will be CLOSED on Wednesday, February 12. More detailed information is
included below about specific events and facilities during the pending winter storm.
City officials are asking all employees not on storm duty and all residents to STAY
AT HOME on Wednesday to keep roadways clear for emergency vehicles. With schools
closed, residents should remain in the safest location, their homes, until the ice
melts and makes roadways safe for travel.
* Peachtree City Municipal Court for Wednesday, February 12, has been
CANCELLED. Court appearances will be reset, and the Court will mail letters to
defendants notifying them of their new court date. Any defendant who does not
receive a reset notice in the mail by Friday, February 21, should contact the
Municipal Court office at 770-631-2096.
* Astronomy for Everyone: Size & Scale of the Universe - Tuesday, February
11, at the Peachtree City Library has been CANCELLED.
* The Peachtree City Recycling Center off Highway 74 South at Rockaway Road
will also be CLOSED on Wednesday.
* Road Closures - Peachtree Parkway North between Highway 54 and Highway 74
will be closed upon freezing conditions. Barricades will be in place restricting
travel. Sign up via the City\'s web site to receive Police Alerts during the storm.
* Peachtree City Airport Authority Regular Meeting - Thursday, February 13 -
May be cancelled if weather conditions persist into Thursday.
Peachtree City will make a decision on Wednesday evening about ossible closures or delays in opening for Thursday, February 13. Monitor postings at www.peachtree-city.org, and sign up for alerts from the Police Department through the Notify Me tab on the main page.
* If you need assistance for a non-life-threatening situation, please call
Fayette County\'s non-emergency number 770-461-HELP.
* If you have an emergency involving criminal activity, fire, or a
life-threatening emergency, dial 911.
* For power outages, please call your electric power provider:
Georgia Power: 1-888-891-0938
Coweta-Fayette EMC: 770-502-0226
Expected Road Closure
Peachtree Parkway North of Hwy 54 to Hwy 74
All weather alerts have been posted in numerous media outlets. Once the ice hits
the Peachtree City area, all motorists are advised to stay off of the roadway unless
it is an absolute emergency. All motorists should expect that Peachtree Parkway
north of Hwy 54 will be closed upon freezing conditions. Barricades will be in
place restricting travel to only residents in the area.
All city facilities are closed. Schools are closed. Please stay off of the roadways.